What Does Your Family Believe?
As a parent, you hope that your child will always make good choices that are based on the values that your family shares. An important part of discussing sexuality with your children is sharing with them what you believe. YOU are an extremely important person in your child’s life. Ask yourself:
- Does your child actually know what you believe?
- Have you really discussed your values about sexuality as a family?
The following may provide you with some things to think and talk about as a family. When you have a family discussion, remember to:
- Choose a quiet time when nobody is feeling rushed
- Treat each other with respect
- Really listen to each family member
- Be honest
- Share the reasons for the things you believe